7 Marvelous Benefits and Uses of Tea Tree Oil
Also known as melaleuca oil, tea tree oil is produced from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia. The plant is native to Australia and parts of Queensland. Just like many of the essential oils, tea tree oil has been used for variety of purposes in alternate healing practices. Here are just 7 of the many well-known doTERRA tea tree oil uses.
For most uses, the oil is mixed with any lighter oil for reducing the impact.
- Tea tree oil is one of the best solutions for acne. Just mix the oil with witch hazel or grapefruit oil to apply on the affected areas and leave overnight. You will wake up with good results.
- Smelly feet can be annoying. For your next bath, soak your feet in water mixed with few drops of this amazing oil, and your feel will feel and smell better than ever. It is also used to deal with occasional skin irritations. Make sure to mix with any carrier oil before using on extremely sensitive skin.
- As an essential oil, it has been used to help with varied skin problems, including fingernail and toenail issues, but should be diluted with other oils before using.
- If you have dry skin, you can add few drops of tea tree oil with coconut or olive oil to massage the face and other parts of the body. Wash off with cold water after an hour.
- This oil that works wonders for itchy skin. If you have that sense of constant itching, take a bath with few drops of essential tea tree oil. Alternatively, you can use a cotton swab to apply on affected areas.
- To get the benefits of the oil for hair, just mix it with any carrier oil and apply on the scalp.
- Tea tree oil can be used to clean things around the house from doorknobs to makeup brushes. For an all-purpose surface cleaner, add a few drops of tea tree oil to a spray bottle with water.
You can visit doTERRA to find out more about these and other benefits of tea tree oil.